The Louisiana Department of Transportation (DOT), in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Office of State Police, issued a news release outlining holiday travel during the state’s Mardi Gras celebration, which runs specifically on Saturday, Feb. 10 through Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018.
The release cites the truck permit office as the main contact and notes oversize load movement will be prohibited on all state highways in selected areas, including New Orleans, Lafayette, Houma, Lake Charles and New Roads on Feb. 10 through Feb. 13.
- Parishes of Orleans, Jefferson and St. Bernard (including the interstates)
- Within the city limits of Lafayette, with the exception of 1-10
- Within the city limits and surrounding area of New Roads
- Within the city limits and surrounding area of Houma
- Within the city limits and surrounding area of Lake Charles, with the exception of 1-10 and 1-210
Louisiana’s Truck Permit Office will remain open Monday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 13, 2018 for the issuance of Permits outside of the designated areas, the release stated.
ACE HEAVY HAUL IS HERE TO HELP
Ace Heavy Haul’s Safety Team is committed to driver safety. For questions about safety and how Ace works with its owner-operators, give us a call at (918) 234-2400 or send an email to email@example.com.