Effective noon on Tuesday, March 27 weight restrictions will be lifted from parts of Michigan, although frost restrictions are still in effect for the remainder of the state and will be enforced on all state trunkline highways north of the M-46 line. Weight restrictions will be lifted from the following:
- From the southern Michigan border north to and including M-46 in Ottawa County from the US-31 Business Route in the City of Muskegon
- East to US-131 then North on US-131 to M-46
- East to the intersection of M-25 in Port Sanilac, Sanilac County
Seasonal Loads & Permits
There are a few more pieces of information to be aware of while weight restrictions are lifted:
- Routes designated as “All Season Routes” which are green or gold on the MDOT Truck Operators Map, will have no reduction in legal axle weight
- Routes designated as “Seasonal” (solid or dashed red on MDOT Truck Operators Map) will have a weight reduction of 25 percent for rigid pavements and 35% for flexible pavements
- Extended permits will be valid for oversize only in the weight restricted area
- Single trip permits will not be issued for overweight loads or loads exceeding 14′ width, 11 axles and 150-feet
For Weight Restriction Updates
Detailed Weight Restriction information may be obtained by linking to www.michigan.gov/truckers.
Ace Heavy Haul is Here to Help
Ace Heavy Haul’s Safety Team is committed to driver safety. For questions about safety and how Ace works with its owner-operators, give us a call at (918) 234-2400 or send an email to email@example.com.